Many beginners are sure that home workouts do not allow pumping up their arms, that is, they consider visiting the gym a must. This misconception is due to a lack of awareness of working with sports equipment such as dumbbells. A correctly designed program without visiting the gym allows you to pump your biceps well. The main thing is to approach the issue competently.
Dumbbells are a basic multifunctional apparatus that is immediately ready to use, does not take up much space and does not require any additional settings. This sports equipment allows you to pump almost all muscle groups, including the arms, and you can work with it not only in the gym, but also at home.
The biceps is a biceps muscle responsible for wrist rotation and arm flexion. Triceps is the triceps muscle that is responsible for extending the upper limbs. Visually, the volume of the arms is 70% dependent on the triceps and 30% on the biceps. To pump these muscle groups, it is enough to understand the basic principles of their training and what exercises help in achieving this goal. This will help you to correctly draw up a training program.
Basic rules for good arm training with dumbbells
Muscles begin to grow exclusively under stress. It is necessary to shock the muscles, but only so that the classes are as safe as possible. If the precautions are not taken, there is a risk of injury. To avoid such adverse consequences, you must adhere to the following rules:
- Always start your workout with a warm-up. Stretching increases the elasticity of the muscle and reduces the likelihood of injury. In addition, the first approach after warm-up is recommended to be done not with full working weights, but with a half
- Exercise at the correct frequency. To avoid overtraining, it should be borne in mind that biceps and triceps are involved in other activities on the shoulder girdle, chest and back. The optimal frequency for muscle training is once every 4-7 days. If you exercise more often, the muscles will get overworked. The number of approaches should vary from 3 to 4 times with 8-12 repetitions each.
- Do basic exercises. It is necessary to start pumping the muscles of the arms with dumbbells with the development and implementation of basic movements. This is especially true for the first months of training.
- To carry out the training is technically correct. If you do not observe the correct movements, it is impossible to achieve muscle contraction and stretching. Without this aspect, the muscles do not develop and pump.
- Devote a separate day to hands-on exercises. This will allow the biceps and triceps to grow much faster and more intensely. Splits into opposite muscles (biceps-triceps) allow you to get the effect of stretching and contraction. This training method is the most effective.
After familiarizing yourself with the main rules, you can go directly to the exercises.
The best dumbbell biceps exercises
To make quick progress and good results, you need to focus exclusively on the best dumbbell movements.
Standing biceps curl
They are performed according to the following scheme:
- The legs are shoulder-width apart, and the elbows are held against the body, and not taken to the sides.
- On inhalation, the arms are bent at the elbow joints, and on exhalation, they are extended.
- Be sure to linger for a second when the muscles are maximally contracted, but do not press the dumbbells to the shoulders.
Do not allow sudden movements or bend your hands.
Curls with dumbbells for biceps should be done first in the training. You can perform the exercise alternately and at the same time. You need to decide on the load yourself. The main thing is not to allow excessive swinging and jerking of the body.
Concentrated dumbbell raises
- They sit on a bench or other similar device.
- Rest on the inner side of the thigh with the elbow.
- Flex and bring the arm to the chest.
- No body movements. They work only by hand.
- The hand is raised with an exhalation, and lowered with an inhalation.
- Do not allow sudden movements. All concentration is solely on the exercise.
Such lifts explode muscles well.
Incline Biceps Curl
- The bench is installed at an acute angle. If there is no such device, a similar position, putting something under the lower back, is taken on a regular chair.
- The arm is bent so that the movement occurs exclusively in the elbow joint.
- Without any delay at the extreme point, the hand is immediately lowered.
- Flexion is done with inhalation, and extension with exhalation.
This exercise allows you to stretch the muscles well, which contributes to better pumping of the biceps, so after it there is a sharp flow of blood. The lifts are done on each hand in turn.
- Dumbbells are taken with a neutral grip.
- The projectile, avoiding jerks and swaying, is raised.
- Hands should be kept along the body.
- At the extreme upper point, they linger for a second.
- It is important to monitor the evenness of breathing and keep the correct pace.
This exercise works the brachialis. This muscle is located under both biceps heads, giving them more volume.